This Chipotle Smoked Pork Shoulder and Mexican Street Corn is served perfectly drizzled in hot sauce and with some lime wedges on the side.
Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking: 12 hours
Resting time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 13.5 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chipotle seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ears of sweetcorn (mielies)
- Butter, for basting
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh coriander, for garnish
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chipotle rub:
- For the spritzer:
- Mexican street corn:
- Prepare and pre-heat your smoker using your favourite flavoured wood chips. Apple chips would work well with this recipe.
- Remove the pork from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Combine all the chipotle rub spices together, lightly coat the pork in olive oil and generously apply the rub to the meat.
- Place the pork shoulder on the smoker, position it with the fat facing upwards and smoke for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, begin spritzing the meat generously every hour for 3 more hours.
- Once the shoulder reaches an internal temperature of 75°C remove it from the smoker, spritz it and double wrap it in tinfoil before returning it to the smoker and continue cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 95°C.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest in the foil for 30-60 minutes.
- While you wait, gently pull the husks back from the corn, tying the husks together with kitchen string and smoke the corn for at least 30 minutes or until tender.
- Make the crema by mixing together the crème fraiche, mayonnaise, garlic, chilli powder, fresh coriander, lime zest and juice and season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Unwrap the pork shoulder, remove the bones and any large chunks of fat and shred using two forks.
- Serve the chipotle pulled pork with your favourite sauce. Spread the crema onto the grilled corn and sprinkle parmesan cheese and fresh coriander over the top. Drizzle with hot sauce and serve with lime wedges.
Browse 1000’s of products available to you. Select your country to Shop Online.