Ever tried duck on the braai? It’s easier than you might think to get it crispy and tender.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Heat: indirect medium heat 170°C Braaing time: about 1 hour Ingredients: Glaze
- 4 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 4 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 4 Tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 3⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 8 whole duck legs, 200g each, trimmed of excess fat
- 5 hardwood chunks (not soaked)
Extracted from Weber Braai Bible by Jamie Purviance (Struik Lifestyle).