- Pick strawberries regularly and make sure the plants are watered well during dry periods. Feed with Wondersol All Purpose to encourage more berries to form.
- Prune roses and fertilise with Wonder Vitaliser Rose & Flower 8:1:5 (17) SR or Wonder Colourburst Rose for a beautiful autumn rose display (in 6-8 weeks’ time). As new growth develops, protect it with Efekto Rosecare 3.
- Harvest beans and other summer veggies regularly so they’ll produce more crops.
- Gather lawn clippings – they can be composted into wonderful plant food. Add some Wonder Organic Compost Activator to the heap to encourage microbial activity.
- Pinch out the growing tips of poinsettias. The plants will be bushier and result in more blooms in winter.
- Cut back and feed annual flowers with Wonder 3:1:5 (26) SR or Wonder Colourburst Rose to give them a boost.
- Prune bougainvilleas and other climbers that are threatening to take over the whole garden. Feed with Wonder Organic Granular Fertiliser Vita-Boost + C (8).
- Aerate lawns after heavy rains using a garden fork. If necessary, treat acidic soils with Wonder Agricultural Lime.
- Feed the lawn with Wonder 4:1:1 (24) Granular Fertiliser + insecticide With Insecticide for the control of caterpillars.
Pick Nectarines, passion fruit, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, apricots, peaches and plums.
- Unless you’re prepared to be keep soil moist over the summer months it’s not ideal to plant larger fruit trees in midsummer.
- New batches of strawberries can be planted. Remember, fruit requires full sun. Shelter from wind is preferable.
- During dry periods keep berries, lemons, citrus and grapes watered. Summer is the time when the fruit is forming.
- Water all fruit trees during dry spells.
- Add Stockosorb to help soil retain water.
- Remove excess apples from apple trees, known as thinning. In some cases apples produce too much fruit, and if left on the tree will limit the size and quality of ripening fruit.
- Thin multiple clusters down to 2 or 3 apples per group.
- Trim any long runners back to the centre of the strawberry plants. This will force the plant to produce more flowers, encouraging another batch of fruit.
- Spray with Efekto Malasol as aphids and scale insects may be about.
- To prevent birds eating fruit as it ripens, cover with Efekto Plant Protection Cover where possible.
Roses, aquilegias, hydrangeas, fuchsias, cornflower, carnations, dianthus, delphiniums, lilies, gladiolus, sweet peas, gypsophila, agapanthus, sunflowers, geraniums, cosmos and sunflowers.
Violas, primulas, pansies, snapdragons, ornamental kale, poppies, wildflowers, sunflowers, gazanias and dianthus.
Petunias, impatiens, calendula, dahlias, verbena, alyssum, cosmos, marigolds, nemesias and dahlias.
- Apply a side dressing of Wonder Vitaliser Rose & Flower 8:1:5 (17) SR to flower beds and Wonder Shake ‘N Grow Special Fertiliser to pots and containers, to replenish nutrients.
- Fertilise roses with Wonder Colourburst Rose or Wonder Vitaliser Rose & Flower 8:1:5 (17) SR.
- Aphids, caterpillars and whitefly are all still active now. Be vigilant and spray with Efekto Cypermethrin 200EC and Efekto Whitefly Insecticide as soon as they appear. The two products can be mixed together.
- Place Efekto Snailban every few weeks to keep slugs and snails at bay over the summer months. Cease application 7 days prior to harvest on edible crops.
Dwarf beans, beetroot, broccoli, cabbages, carrots, cauliflowers, celery, lettuces, leeks, radishes, rocket and spinach, Swiss chard.
Dwarf beans, Brussels sprouts, celery, eggplants, lettuces, leeks, peas, potatoes, pumpkins and spinach.
Top Tip: Adding Stockosorb to your veggie garden will cut water usage by up to 50 % by drawing water into the soil and directly to the root zone, reducing run-off and waste.
Fertilise & Protect
Feed established plants monthly with Seagro. Some fastgrowing crops, including pumpkins and melons, can be fed every two weeks.
Place Efekto Snailban to control slugs and snails, and spray aphids and whitefly with Efekto Cypermethrin 200EC if they are still a problem. Dust cruciferae with Malathion DP to combat caterpillars.
Beans, beetroot, capsicums, chillies, courgettes, cucumbers, eggplants, garlic, lettuces, onions and tomatoes.
Referenced from Efekto , Green Fingers : Your gardening and product guide from Efekto
Browse 1000’s of products available to you. Select your country to Shop Online.