Keep both your ornamental and edible gardens happy with these tips.
- Use the hose pipe and water all those drought-hardy plants that helped you save water throughout the summer.
- Acid-loving plants with yellowing leaves need a mineral boost. Spray them with Trelmix and mulch with peat.
- Control rose aphids by dosing plants with a systemic insecticide such as Efekto Aphicide or Kombat Aphids.
- Prune all your overgrown shrubs, especially in temperate and subtropical climes.
- Lightly prune roses towards the end of the month to encourage a wonderful autumn flower flush. Feed and mulch the bushes at the same time.
- Continue feeding summer bulbs to enable them to store enough food to flower again.
- You can start sowing seeds for spring and autumn crops such as lettuce and onions.
- Start preparing strawberry beds by digging in well-rotted kraal manure or compost and a few handfuls of general fertiliser.
- Feed all deciduous fruit trees once the harvest is over and renew the mulch around their roots.
- Feed lemon trees with 3:1:5 or an organic fertiliser and water regularly.
- Potatoes can be dug up now, cleaned and stored.
Browse 1000’s of products available to you. Select your country to Shop Online.