1 x 1.8m x 22mm x 144mm:
- side pieces: 2 x 400mm(length)
- edge pieces: 2 x 280mm(length)
- base piece: 1 x 356mm(length)
You will need:
- 22mm dowel stick
- Wood glue
- 3.5 x 40mm screws
- Wood filler
- Stain and sealer
- Tape Measure
- Screw pilot
- 22mm spade bit
- Cordless drill
On the two side pieces mark a line along both end edges and one side edge, 22mm in from the edge. Use another piece of 22mm wood as a template to do this.
On the two side pieces, make two ‘X’ marks along each short edge and three ‘X’ marks along the marked long edges, within the 22mm line.
- On the two end pieces, mark a line along the bottom 144mm end, 22mm in from the edge. Make two ’X’ marks within these lines.
- On the opposite 144mm end, the top, measure in 72mm from the side edge to find the middle and make a mark 35mm from the top. This is where the handle will go, after drilling.
- It’s time to mark the diagnoals for the end pieces. To do this draw a line across the end pieces 144mm from the bottom. This is the width of all the timber, so use another piece as a measure for this.
- Next make marks 50mm from the outside edge on the top end.
- Draw diagonal lines from the marks made in point 3d to the start and end of the lines drawn in 3c.
Once all holes (‘X’s) and lines are marked, drill the holes. Use the 22mm spade bit to drill the dowel stick hole on each of the ends and a jigsaw to cut off the diagonal pieces. Use the screw pilot for the remaining holes.
*Remember to use a scrap piece of wood beneath your timber when you drill, to protect your work surface and avoid blow outs.
- Sand all your timber.
- Begin assembly by fastening the two end pieces to the base by clamping the timber together and using the screws and wood glue between the mating surfaces to ensure a secure bond.
- Repeat this process for the side pieces.
- Next cut the dowel stick to the desired length (about 430mm) and slide it into position.
- Fill the screw holes with wood filler.
- Sand the outside of the box to smooth out any rough edges.
- Stain and seal the timber to the desired colour. Once dry your box is ready to use.
*If you will be using your box as a planter make sure to drill holes into the base for drainage.
Browse 1000’s of products available to you.
Select your country to Shop Online.