Cockroaches. Just the name cues of long, twitching antennae, oval bodies and fast movements.
These pests are notorious for being one of the most frequently encountered pests. They can easily manoeuvre their way inside of structures and are most often found in kitchens and bathrooms.
Infestations start two ways. The first – they can enter by hitching a ride on items brought inside the home. The second – they can enter a structure from the exterior looking for hospitable conditions, especially during cold weather. Not only are these pests responsible for spreading dangerous diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera, or dysentery, their droppings and exoskeletons can trigger asthma and allergies. Cockroach infestations in kitchens can contaminate food, counters, and dishes.
IDENTIFY COCKROACH ATTRACTANTS FOOD, WATER, AND HIDING PLACES
This is one of the most important steps to getting rid of cockroaches and preventing them. Otherwise, your treatment program will fail if this step is skipped or poorly implemented. You must eliminate what attracts cockroaches, including as many food sources and water sources as possible and seal off or eliminate places that cockroaches like to hide.
Seal and stow food
Make sure to wipe down food prep surfaces, as well as clean up dining areas and kitchen floors. And don’t forget pet food bowls on the floor.
Remove water sources for cockroaches
Be sure to:
- Fix leaky plumbing and sweating pipes.
- Dry all sinks, tubs, and showers completely and plug the drains before bed.
- Place wet dish rags and sponges in an airtight plastic storage bag overnight, place them directly in the washing machine, or hang outdoors to dry,
- Place pet water dishes outside overnight or dry and refill in the morning.
- Dry wet toothbrushes and place them in sealed bags or containers.
- Empty the drip tray from under your refrigerator.
ELIMINATE COCKROACH HIDING PLACES
Cockroaches prefer dark, small spaces and hide during daylight. Eliminate potential hiding locations by:
- Sealing cracks and crevices with a caulking gun.
- Closing holes surrounding pipes or other light and wall fixtures.
- Make sure window and door frames are tight and gap-free to prevent entry from outside.
- Placing tape over holes and crevices in appliances and other household items in areas that have heavy cockroach traffic. Computers and small appliances can all serve as shelters for cockroaches.
USE BAITS AND SPRAYS TO KILL COCKROACHES
Once you have completed the sanitation process to prepare for treatment, you can begin the process of using Efekto cockroach control products to eliminate the cockroach infestation yourself, using:
- Efekto No Insect Indoors RTU Cockroaches to quickly kill active cockroaches.
- Efekto Zero Roach Bait and Efekto Eco Trap-A-Roach to help draw out and eliminate roaches that like to stay hidden.
Bait your home for cockroaches
Cockroaches are communicative pests, frequently interacting with each other. One cockroach that feeds on a poisoned bait can contaminate up to 40 other cockroaches by contact, faces, or other cockroaches feeding on the dead, poisoned cockroach carcasses. The domino effect of baiting controls cockroaches at an incredibly quick rate, greatly reducing an infestation.
Efekto Zero Roach Bait Station
The Efekto Zero Roach Bait Station is packaged in ready to use bait stations making it easy to apply in the following areas:
- Behind kitchen cabinets and countertops.
- Behind wall hangings.
- Behind, next to, and under the stove.
- In the corners up under the sink and other cabinets.
- In stored paper bags and boxes.
- Around pipes, cords, and cables that come out of the wall.
- Behind and under bathroom fixtures.
- Behind the medicine cabinet and vanity.
- In any cracks or crevices around shelves or wood.
- In corners and under railings and on drawers.
PREVENT COCKROACH INFESTATIONS
Reapply bait every 2 – 3 weeks or when placements appear to be gone. Continue to place bait until all cockroaches have been killed. Even if all adult cockroaches are successfully killed, a new cockroach infestation may occur once hidden cockroach egg capsules hatch.
Efekto’s Fendona 6 SC, No Roach 25 SC, and No Insect Indoors SC liquid must be added with water and sprayed with a sprayer. If you do not want to use liquid, we have premixed ready to use solutions like Bio Kill Extra GT or a knockdown and residue spray like No Insect Indoors RTU Cockroaches.
Measure and mix according to the product label. Apply in the following areas around your home:
- Along baseboards
- In cracks and crevices
- Under appliances
- Around door and window frames
- Where utility pipes and cables enter the building
Then, fumigate with Efekto Fumitabs to treat places that cannot be reached with spray and to flush cockroaches out onto sprayed surfaces.
- Inside and beneath cabinets in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Behind toilets
- Beneath appliances
- In other areas that have been infested
- Check your glue board traps weekly to monitor your progress. Continue treatment until no new roaches are found on the Efekto Eco Trap-A-Roach.
Browse 1000’s of products available to you. Select your country to Shop Online.