Give your kitchen a makeover using Blendd Cement.
Step 1: Remove fittings
- Remove zinc, plug covers, hooks, nails and appliances etc.
Step 2: Prepare the surface
- Using a toothbrush & Blendd Prewash scrub all grime and dirt from grout lines
- Scrub tiles and surfaces with scrubbing brush
- Rinse well with clean water
- Leave to dry for 12 hours
Step 3: Sand grout lines, tiles & tops
- Wipe dust
Step 4: Tape
- Tape all necessary areas for a clean and neat finish
- Always remove the tape prior to when the cement has dried
Step 5: Trowel grout lines
- Make a thick mix with your Blendd Cement by adding more powder to your mixture and fill the grout lines.
- Leave to dry for 4-6 Hours
Step 6: Prime
- Make a primer by adding the Blendd Thinning agent to your thick mixture until you achieve a paintable consistency
- Apply a liberal coat to your surfaces as a primer
- Leave to dry for a minimum of 12 hours
Step 7: Apply the first coat
- Using your Blendd Trowel, apply your first coat to the surface
- Do not apply thick coats, apply many thin coats (0.7mm) instead
Step 8: Sand
- Sand between coats using P100/P120 to remove any high points
Step 9: Apply additional coats
- Apply 2nd and 3rd coats
- Coats can be applied within 2-4 hours of each other, ensuring the previous coat is strong enough to receive an additional coat
- Apply as many thin coats as possible (0.7mm) to achieve your desired finish
- The final coat should be left to cure for a minimum of 48 hours
Step 10: Sealer
- Use a blondie brush (light bristle brush) and white mohair roller
- Essential seal is used for walls and everyday light duty surfaces using the cut – roll and wipe with the mutton cloth method
- Extreme seal is used on hard wearing surfaces like counter tops & floors using the cut and roll application method
- Apply sealer in a 2-coat application. A 3rd coat can be applied to tops, floors and water prevalent areas to achieve a more durable finish
- Wipe surfaces immediately after spills to prevent stains
- It is important to note that water-based sealers are easy to use and are aesthetically pleasing, although they can never offer the complete stain resistance of a solvent based sealer.
- It is important to take care of your surface by allowing it to cure for a full 7 days and always wipe spills immediately to prevent your surface from staining.
Browse 1000’s of products available to you. Select your country to Shop Online.