Make sure you take these basic safety precautions around your home and swimming pool.
Safety and hygiene are paramount around the swimming pool.
- Never leave children unsupervised around swimming pools, garden ponds, water features or buckets of water.
- Restrict access to swimming pools by installing a pool fence or safety net.
- Teach children how to swim from as early as 12 months. Contact Learn to Swim on 0861 100 456.
- Don’t allow children to push each other into the pool, run around it or hold each other underwater.
- Ensure your pool is sparkling blue and free from harmful bacteria by using a trusted sanitiser such as HTH Classic. Contact the HTH Institute for more information on 0860 022 240.
It’s vitally important that the safety precautions you take inside your home are applied outside too.
- Keep potential hazards out of the reach of children.
- Buy products that have reasonable child-safe closures.
- Keep products in their original packaging so they can be identified easily.
- Store products such as turpentine, paint, fertilisers, gas cylinders and pool chemicals away from the general living area.
- Always read the storage instructions on the pack and make sure you separate incompatible products.
- Pool chlorine should be stored away from other products to prevent contamination.
- Make sure that the storage area is cool, dry and well ventilated.
- Do not reuse or refill empty containers.
Golden rules of home safety
- Teach everyone in your household the emergency telephone numbers and keep them next to the phone.
- Read all package inserts, labels and instructions.
- Attend a first aid course and ensure that anyone who is caring for your children does the same.
- Identify potentially unsafe objects, products and situations in and around your home and make them safe.
- Never dismiss children for reporting potential dangers. Reward them for their quick thinking and get them involved in safety.
Browse 1000’s of products available to you.
Select your country to Shop Online.